Monday 9 May 2011

A lovely Morning :o) Part One !

Well, hello lovely people :o)
I hope this post finds you all fine and dandy, and the lovely Mummys around the world had a superb day yesterday :o)

I've just had (well a few hours ago now actually ) the most lovely morning.
And it was all down to this lovely lady.

Today was the day of the second Vintage at the Village Hall fair.
Oh, it was wonderful, and I wish you could have all been there too :o)

I took tons of pictures, but I have to say I did feel a bit self conscious taking snaps today. I didn't see anybody else doing it at all, and believe me there were plenty of people there!
D'you think it's 'normal' (lol) to take photos everywhere you go?
When I said this to my hubby this afternoon, he said " Of course it isn't ".
But if I don't take 'em, you can't see can you?
And I do so like to look back on happy things, don't you?

Anyway, I digress!
Here's just a few of the snaps I took..

This was one of the stalls that were outside..

Luckily the rain kept away today, and the sun even popped out for a while too.


I love the little basket crib at the front..


This pushchair was so sweet, when I had a last look round before I had to pick my daughter up from school, the pushchair had some cute little booties in front of it too :o)


I fell in love with these old cart wheels...
I should have bought one for the garden really..I know that they look nice 'done up,' but I would have left it just as it is and laid it against the old stone pots that we put out in the front garden at the begining of spring.

And just think, I used to have outside baths in tin baths the same as whats in this picture above!

I can't remember half the stalls names, but i know these gorgeous flowers below belonged to Jo of Hesta Nesta and her lovely Pugs :o)
See those little piles of goodness beside the jug of flowers?  See? Well, they're lovely little piles of vintage quilt pieces. 
Honestly, I wanted ALL OF THEM!  How greedy is that?  LOL

I mean it's not just the gorgeous feel and look of the vintage fabrics used the make the quilt pieces, but to me it's the history behind the making.
You know, like what was that scrap of fabric used for originally? Who was it who made the quilt? And these are actually someones else stitches here which they've sewn to make something so scrummy and precious.

I hasten to add that Jo hasn't just chopped up a load of precious vintage quilts! These are ones where by they aren't salvagable (is that the right word?) as a whole quilt :(   So she's saved the bits she can for people like me to enjoy :o)

And look at this kitchen cupboard! Do you remember having one like this when you were young? or did you know someone who had one?
I do. But the one I remember was yellow, and where this cupboard has got two lovely little scalloped window doors in the top,


the one I remember had a slidie-along-door.

I do love them though, and would love to have it in my dining room to keep my makes in:o)

Well, that's it for today people.
Blogger's not playing anymore, so I'll be back with part 2 in the week.
I had the most lovely time though, and I really could have stayed there all day..
Time seemed to just fly away from me.

If you'd like to see who was at the fair selling, just pop over here, and there's a list in the side bar letting you know who everyone was.

See you in the week with more pictures, and what I bought.
Take care everyone.

Love Donna xx


9 comments:

  1. I remember my Aunty having a cupboard like that one in her kitchen.
    What a lot of gorgeous things at the fair. I'm glad the weather stayed dry for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fab looking stalls! I really wish I could have been there, it looks like there was some great pieces there to buy! I love vintage fairs, we have had a few here lately too. I have a tin bath in my garden full of flowers, the bottom had fallen out, so it was no use as a bath, but looks lovely all planted up. I look forward to part 2 to see all your buys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Donna, if I was walking around with you on this lovely day, I would be taking pix too. So the two of us would look like two crazy gals together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you did take lots of pics Donna, it looks a fab market! have just come over from Fading Grace who had a stall there, so its great to see more pics!
    Wish I couldve been there!
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliantly enjoyable post! Thank you for having the need to take picture of everything - as you say, if you don't do it then we can't see it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful bounty of shabby chic goodness! I would have been in a swoon! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely day. Tell hubby that whenever I see people taking such photos, I think they must be very important- reporters or documenters for the event ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeousness in every pic. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was so lovely to meet you and thank you for holding the fort while I went and bought myself tea and cake. Wasn't it a lovely day, I enjoyed it so much but I was shattered as I didn't get home until 9.00 that night!!
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou kindly for leaving a comment on my blog :0)
I do read and appreciate everyone of them :0)
If however, you would like to contact me personally, please feel free to do so at:
Littletinystitches@hotmail.co.uk